Association Of Independent Recovery Operators

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Association Of Independent Recovery Operators

Private Forum for Independent Recovery Operators

2 posters

just a quick hello from dorset

hotel magnum
    hotel magnum

just a quick hello from dorset Empty just a quick hello from dorset

Post  hotel magnum Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:29 am

as the topic says this is a quick hello from me, I use my Mercedes for pulling my old Bedford about with my camper bringing up the rear. I thought this was the way to go for reliability and such like but  best laid plans and all that, but I will keep plodding on putting right all the bodges made to the merc whilst being worked in the London area. the plan is to visit a few shows further afield and hopefully into Europe. cheerio for now and keep safe out there.
    bazn
    bazn

just a quick hello from dorset Empty Re: just a quick hello from dorset

Post  bazn Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:03 pm

Hello and welcome, I hate to be the bearer of bad news,but... if you are using the truck to move your own vehicles to shows etc, then you cannot use the spec lift as you will fall foul of construction and use regulations regarding having an unbraked trailer over 750kg. There is an exemption for broken down vehicles, but they must be road legal and immobilised ( not just disconnecting the battery).
    hotel magnum
    hotel magnum

Post  hotel magnum Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:37 pm

[quote="bazn"]Hello and welcome, I hate to be the bearer of bad news,but... if you are using the truck to move your own vehicles to shows etc, then you cannot use the spec lift as you will fall foul of construction and use regulations regarding having an unbraked trailer over 750kg. There is an exemption for broken down vehicles, but they must be road legal and immobilised ( not just disconnecting the battery).
    [/quote]

theres lucky the cam belt went 700 miles after supposedly being changed when we purchased it, still fighting the garage but not stopped the holidays. (I suppose they thought its only done 23000 we wont bother, but its an 03 the belt was done in 2007 but not since. the mot is due in nov so that might prove tricky but we have a date for the small claims court before its due so heres hoping.
    bazn
    bazn

Post  bazn Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:28 pm

Good luck with that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content